Pages

Saturday 8 August 2009

On the Wrapper

The reality of a relationship...

You should have come with a label
On your wrapper
So that I could have been aware
Of your intensity
The way that you chose to love me
Was at another level
And higher degree
Passion and soul
Sometimes out of control
Unable to tame
The thoughts that you hold
Bold and yet cold
Not easily sold
By my late nights...

Yet I wanted for nothing
Your dedication knew no bounds
You held me tight
But soon I found
That you stifled with your grip
And I was not well equipped
To deal with the fallout
From your acid lips
So now I look back
And still miss your wild ways
Reminisce on our love
And those lazy Sundays
Pondering whether
Things would have been the same
If I was able to first read your wrapper.

1 comment:

  1. Bee,

    a clever metaphore I like that about reading the warning label.

    Roseline lolx

    ReplyDelete