Pages

Tuesday 10 August 2010

Not Goodbye...See you Later

You still hold that glow
That magic glow
When you smile it shows
And for all the reasons that I fell
Your eyes tell me so
A look from you helps me to realise
That you are still the one
The chapter has closed but I’d like to believe
That our story has just begun

And I miss the laughter and the tears
That gave me a reason to hold you near
Now all I can do is comfort you from afar
As long as you know that wherever you are
My heart holds true to the promises it made
And the love that it feels will never fade

More than friends less than lovers
From now on we must be
Despite the fact I still dream you and me
And if I close my eyes and take the time
I smell your perfume as if you were by my side
So don’t think for a minute that I have let go
I have tried but my heart holds on to you so
I continue each day as if my life goes on
Still waters run deep and hide love that stays strong

So as we both now begin new chapters of our story
Let’s remember the pain and the glory
And the comfort that brought us both to each other
The passion we felt deep within one another
These words don’t do justice to how I really feel
Not even in heaven would my love be this real
So remember these words when you are lost and alone
In my heart is a place you can forever call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment