Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2009

Escape From Darkness

For those days when we are at our lowest...


Darkness came to tell me
Tonight would be the night
It would take my Dreams and Aspirations
Leave me with Despair and Fright
I huddled in a corner
Confusion laughed in my face
Desperation whispered in my ear
All I had worked for then went to waste
My temple began to crumble
Foundations of stone now turned to sand
Weakness passed by
Stopped and looked me in the eyes
And I became less than a man
My Spirit had almost left me
It had called on Hope to give it a hand
Willpower had very little strength
And refused to help me to stand
Tears of Sorrow were born that evening
Tears of Joy had been slain by Scorn
Yet the smallest of voices kept calling
Deep inside there could only be one
Faith reminded me that it had taught me to crawl
Then to walk and even to run
It reminded me that when I believed in its strength
Of all the trials we had overcome
It was my backbone and unafraid
It beat at my chest like a drum
It gave me belief that we could win again
And beat down our foes one by one

So slowly I arose from my corner
Walked cautiously past Ridicule and Gloat
Reached the door where stood
Twofaced and Backstabber
But Pride helped me on with my coat
As I opened the door Darkness screamed
For it felt the blade of Dawn’s early light
Desperation decided on leaving
For the future looked sunny and bright
It was morning and the sun was shining
Filling the sky with a wondrous sight
Faith returned to my heart
Pride appeared on my face
My Spirit walked in my shadow
Willpower steadied my pace
Dreams and Aspirations followed quickly
Leaving behind Doubt and Distress
Plotting my plans for the future
Wondering what to do next
What of Hope you may well wonder
I knew Hope would never leave me
Closely bonded with Faith
Like twin brothers you see
Then suddenly Sounds of Laughter
Gave Tears of Joy the kiss of life
Best friends since the day they were born
Played together both day and night

So with the old gang back together
Our adversaries long gone
It was time for us to get started
Time for us to move on
We sought out New Direction
Ducking and diving always on the run
He pointed us to the east
And the warmth of the rising sun
In search of the one called Destiny
We nicked named it Our Goal
And the name of my merry band of outlaws
We call ourselves a SOUL.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous19 May, 2009

    As always Bri, inspirational and I can relate to alot of what your saying.

    Rlolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous27 May, 2009

    Hey b!! I dont know how many time confusion laughs in my face!! Seems like everyday!! A very honest and open piece!! I like!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous13 June, 2009

    ...... BA ........
    We fall down and we get up
    We fall down and we get up
    We fall down and we get up
    For a Saviour's just a sinner
    Who fell down......
    And got up.... Thanks B........
    These pieces are serious songs to consider.... Natre77e

    ReplyDelete