Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2009

You Say...

You say that love is lost
But you say you believe in hope
You say that love has knocked you down
Like a boxer on the ropes
You say that love has made you fear
But that you still look to stars at night
You say that love leaves you in tears
But also keeps your heart alight

I say that love has passed you not
But is waiting in the wings
I say that love is on your side
And brings gifts of wondrous things
I say that love can be a fool
And still fools can fall in love
I say that love is truly found
In the stars you watch above

You say that love has brought you pain
But you miss the joy it brings
You say you’ve waited for so long
And yet still see it in your dreams
You say that love is not for you
For it never stays around
You say that your love is not compatible
With the love that you have found

I say that love may be close by
If you seek it you shall find
I say that sometimes just close your eyes
And love touches you inside
I say that love will be your friend
And one day will come again
I say that love is with you now
And plans to stay until the end

You ask if love has brought me all
Of the things that I desire
I say love has come today
And has set my soul on fire
You ask if love can truly be
All I say that it can be
I say the truth lies in my arms
If you would fall in love with me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous19 May, 2009

    Hi Bri,

    This is lovely sentimental!!

    Rx

    ReplyDelete