Pages

Monday 1 June 2009

Inner Child

The sun was setting in the sky
So I decided to pass by
We sat and chatted for a while
About pleasantries and our lifestyles
Then we thought we’d go and eat
And settled on some Chinese
The won ton soup was not for me
Sweet and sour chicken please

She laughed and giggled
And sniggered and laughed
Before we knew it time had passed
She chatted and laughed a little more
Until she said her cheeks were sore

I asked about her happy mood
In-between mouthfuls of food
At moments I would stop and stare
Just to take in her atmosphere

She said
“You bring out the child in me”
Then with eyes so genuine
She beamed another joyful beam
Another spoonful of ice cream

And in turn
I laughed too
It was all that I could do
She made the evening
A delight
I kissed her cheek then said goodnight

1 comment: