Pages

Tuesday 2 June 2009

Unbreakable - Part 2

She shone like diamonds
Was smooth like pearls
I fell for her
She fell for me
I fell for other girls…

Now the story unfolds
And the truth is told
She realised I took her soul
For 40 pieces of silver
When it was worth more than gold
Keeping with the biblical references
I realised the error of my ways
Wanting her only wanting her all
Took my own road to Damascus
Became converted
Just like Paul
But too late…

You see
Whilst watching the world go by
Living the life
Playing the field
Getting high
I failed to see that she was my natural high
And had become
My one desire
She inspired
Had given so much through her touch
And kisses
Through her words of encouragement
And kindness
Her love had been almost unconditional
Given through blindness
Her heart was mellow
And soothing
She held no malice
Loving her was like
Sipping from a golden chalice
I discovered that she was in every song
That I had sung
That she would sing along
She filled the melody
She became the words
She became each rhyme that I now heard

Even though gone
She remained with me
She befriended my loneliness
And when I lay awake at night
In my lonely room
With my lonely heart
She would be there
So much so
That I felt haunted
By her non presence
Her essence surrounded me
And made me see
That I could not be without she

So now here I stand
Still a man
But not complete
I miss the fresh cotton sheets
That we leisurely would soak with sweat
The curl of her lips
And the feel of her kiss
Goodbyes are never neatly folded
Or neatly creased
I left her with ruffled feathers
The pain I inflicted
Will haunt me forever
Because our love was once unbreakable
Or so it seemed
Now I realise
It was unbreakable only
Because she believed in me

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous06 June, 2009

    yes Bee,

    you do sound like a gigalo, nothing wrong in that, if that is your inspiration,whatever gets the creative juices flowing!!!

    Roseline lolx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous09 June, 2009

    GOODNESS! That is deep, undoubtely from the heart, and so very eloquently written! EXCELLENT piece of work, but work it really isn't! Seems like it just flows NATURALY out of you B! from SJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous13 June, 2009

    .....
    It's never too late
    ....
    Natre77e

    ReplyDelete