Pages

Tuesday 21 April 2009

I Would Like...

Occasionally we will meet someone and instantly know that they are special. This following piece tries to reflect that.


I would like you to understand me
And know how I feel each day
What makes me smile
Why I cry
The things that bring laughter my way

I would like you to know me
And spend time in my shoes
Walk to the places I walk to
See you as I see you

I would like you to know all my favourites
Colours and movies and songs
The things that I like about summer
How I feel when I get something wrong

I would like you to sense what I’m sensing
Without prompting or seeing the tears
So that you could in turn give me comfort
And help to ease all my fears

I would like you to understand me
What value I place on you too
So that you keep in mind you are precious
And I think you are wonderful

I would like you to know that I love you
It’s a lie but I wish it were true
So that all of these things I have asked for
In turn I could do for you.




1 comment:

  1. HI Bri,

    This is quite moving. Not all of us are fortunate to find love. Many of us make do with what we think is love but never really experience it and wonder if we ever will. You got skills keep writing.lolx

    ReplyDelete