Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2009

Sweet Woman of Mine

My heart was opened when I met her
I knew from the start
That I would not forget her
I began to believe in the Holy Spirit
When she touched me
Something rushed me
And chills not only ran up and down my spine
But sideways and any which way
They would not obey
And only wanted to play

Her speech pattern
Was too much
That I once saw
(And I swear it’s true)
Several people in the room
Turn their heads as the words
Floated from her lips
Soft and sweet like butterflies
Almost like an invisible treat
To the ears
In response to something that I said

She once told me that I
Had gone to her head
Like intoxicating wine
That made me feel fine
And in response I was forced
Without thinking
To reveal
All that I now feel

In the morning we may lie awake in bed
Grateful for the sunrise
And for each other
Making physical commitments to one another
Despite the urgency of the day
We ignore the tick tock of the clock
In order to caress and kiss
I love her lips
Whether it is sunrays or rain
That fall on the windowpane
We enjoy Mother Nature’s gift
Before she then let’s me love her hips
Allowing me to pull them close to mine
So that we can intertwine
Our lovemaking
Euphoric and sublime
But that is not the only reason
I call her sweet woman of mine

You see
Sometimes she makes love to me
With her mind
And like ropes
Her thoughts bind
And tie me up in a world of mental stimulation
Conversing with her can be such a sensation
Whilst on other occasions
Silence is golden
Days when she is an enigma
And I cannot decipher
She becomes my eighth wonder
She fascinates and at the same time
Elevates me to new heights
So much so that I become
Afraid to let go
Still she reassures
That I have no need to fear
And as such I feel no ill will towards my brothers
They envy me
For her physical beauty
Is a treat for the eyes
So I simply hold her hand
As we walk side by side
To show the world
That I am hers and she is mine
All mine

At last my thoughts of having one so true
Have become reality
That as I said before
I am able to believe
In the Almighty
For only he could have created one as lovely as she
She is not my treasure
What we have is the prize
She is instead my soul divine
And that is why
I call her sweet woman of mine

2 comments:

  1. Wow Bri,

    I never knew you were such a romantic. This is a lovely poem. It's not just a poem it seems much more!

    lol Rosx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speak to me baby. Speak to me. No seriously one of your better ones. E.

    ReplyDelete