Pages

Thursday 30 July 2009

It Wasn't Meant To Be this Way

In the morning
As I awake
I see no sunshine
Just acid rainclouds in the sky
Man is the keeper
Of Mother Earth
But with this gift we choose only
To wreck the universe
Babies crying children dying
While govenments spend our money
Sending rockets to the moon
And when the judgement comes
As I know it will
I believe that it won't be a day to soon

Because it wasn't meant to be this way

We pass people
On the street
Begging for a penny
Just to have somethig to eat
While politicians
Spend their time
Driving round in limosines
And sitting down to wine and dine
Babies crying children dying
What was once their home
Has been reaped of all its wealth
Telling me I should do more
For my society
Look into the mirror
Before you place judgement on me

Because it wasn't meant to be this way

No comments:

Post a Comment