Pages

Monday 1 March 2010

Desire

Desire or Love?

It was not love but desire
That lit our hearts that night
We can both make excuses but we know it’s true
You asked me if I loved you and I said yes
The heat of passion makes you say the strangest of untruths
Was that untruth so strange?
You knew it to be untrue and yet it did not deter you
From enjoying the pleasures of the evening
I simply replied with words that you wished to hear
I saw the satisfaction in your eyes knowing
That you held control over me
Enabling me to say and do as you pleased…..
I remember your taste
Just as your mind’s eye is filled with the memory of my lips
Climbing the inside of your thighs
Toward their destination which waited with an openness
Reminiscent of an oyster.
My search for your pearl
And the compulsion with which you aided my exploration
Was that love or desire?
It brought you to a higher degree of stimulation
So that the come was a thousand light years
From what you had hoped for
And me?
It was beyond the boundaries of my imagination
With a feeling of desire that intense
How could you want for love?
My desire was such that I took my time in pleasing you
In order to please myself
And you took time to feel each moment with a devotion
As strong as that of a mother to a child
Yet a devotion ever eager to continue its journey
Of impurity and rampant longings
And yet you still speak of love
Well love may come but only when desire has been exhausted
And for us it is still in its infancy
When we wish to take time for each other and not just for
The satisfaction of our libido
Then we may look in the direction of cupid’s arrow
Until then we are not yet ready for the depth of love
And denying this only adds to the lie
That there is more to us than sexual appetite.

1 comment:

  1. Brian,

    you never cease to amaze me, your words are so true the confusion between love and desire gets us all, at one time or another. If we are able to differentiate between the two it would solve a lot of heartache.

    As usual excellent

    Ros xx

    ReplyDelete